R FOR RACING AND RECREATION
The Kawasaki Jet Ski Ultra 310R personal watercraft (PWC) is the perfect prescription for adventurous riders seeking a pure adrenaline rush on the water. Based on Kawasaki’s popular Jet Ski Ultra 310X, the new R-model draws from decades of Kawasaki’s championship-winning PWC racing experience to create the ultimate “sport” personal watercraft that’s ideal for hard core recreation and racing. New to the flagship line-up is the Ultra 310R. The sport model is equipped with an 18 position handle bar and a sports seat – both designed for hard sport riding.
- The Supercharged DOHC inline four-cylinder engine produces a staggering 310 horsepower. It’s the most powerful production PWC in history
- KX motocross-style electro-polished stainless steel handlebar enhances the 310R’s sport riding capabilities while also providing excellent all-day comfort
- 12-position handlebar mount can be adjusted for reach and height to allow operation while standing or sitting and to suit a wide range of riders and conditions
- The Sportseat offers a special support bolster and a grippy KX-motocross-like seat cover for hard sport riding
- Aggressive graphics reinforce the hard-core sport capabilities of the Ultra 310R
- Strong and light, the 301R’s deep-V hull offers superb straight-line tracking and precise cornering performance
- Industry-leading, 212L storage capacity lets you bring your gear with you
- 78L fuel tank is the largest in its class, providing tremendous range for long rides
- Separate keys for full power operation and Smart Learning Operation
MADE TO PERFORM
The post style handlebar is similar to the kind found on Kawasaki’s KX450F motocross bike…..although this bar offers even greater adjustability.
Handle position is adjustable both for height and forward / rearward position. A total of 12 positions are available. Riders can choose from three height positions (STD / 5mm up / 10mm up) which can be adjusted using 5mm washers. Two sets of handle bar slots and reversible handlebar holders offers four forward / rearward positions. Optional handlebar clamps add another six positions.
The stainless steel handle features and electropolish finish for a high quality appearance and the handlebar comes equipped with a racy bar pad.
The Ultra 310R is equipped with a stylish sport seat specifically designed for hard sport riding. The moderate contour of the seat supports the rider’s hips, offering enhanced lower body support for hard sport riding. The seat shape flares less at the thighs than the standard seat of the Ultra 310X. This makes it easier to grip the seat with the knees when stand-up riding in rough water.
Textured material, similar to that used on the KX motocross bikes contributes to the racy appearance and the ability to grip the seat in all situations. Adding to the quality image, having the hand strap start at the pattern line created a more integrated design. A JET SKI logo and black stitching are some other quality touches.
An ergonomic deck design gives plenty of legroom and the left-side reverse lever is ergonomically designed for easy operation. At the end of the day on the water, a quick and easy hose connection allows a simple method to flush sea water out of the engine.
310 HORSEPOWER SUPERCHARGED ENGINE
The 1,498cc, liquid-cooled inline four-cylinder engine makes 310 horsepower via a low mechanical loss design and improved efficiency. The Eaton TVS constant-displacement supercharger and liquid-cooled intercooler provide instant and consistent boost for outstanding performance throughout the rev range.
- Heat-resistant plastic intake manifold is shaped to improved low-mid range power
- Cast pistons feature additional ring land V-grooves for better oil retention
- Hardened nickel 33.4mm intake and 28.3mm exhaust valves offer superior reliability
- Two-layer oil cooler offers efficient cooling
- Large cam chain increases reliability in a supercharged engine application
- The reinforced crankcase adds to engine’s durability and reliability
- Fuel pump provides a high pressure, high flow fuel for increased power and better fuel efficiency.
- Thick water jackets improve cooling performance
- Check valve system between the cylinder jacket and water muffler that shuts water flow off above 2,000 rpm, to keep the cooling water inside the cylinder jacket for optimum cooling performance
- Piston cooling oil jets increased from one jet per piston to two jets per piston for increased piston cooling
- Oil pan features additional baffle plates to prevent oil slosh during tight turns or extreme acceleration/deceleration
- Crankcase oil return holes are designed for quicker oil return to the oil pan
High-flow fuel injectors with 4 orifices are fitted to complement the increased power output and to improve combustion efficiency. A single throttle body is used with a bore diameter of 60 mm.
Efficiently cools high-pressure intake air – cooler air is denser and makes more power. Liquid-cooled intercooler design maintains consistent thermal performance.
To suit the 160 mm jet pump, the Ultra 310R gets an impeller designed to efficiently convert all the extra power into forward thrust. The pump impeller features a super-efficient 3-blade design that gives the 310R great initial acceleration.
The wide rear deck behind the seat offers plenty of room to set up gear for water sports and facilitates getting back on board from the water. A long rear boarding step makes it easy to climb on board, and the step retracts inside the bumper to prevent damage.
The 310R’s Kawasaki Splash Deflector (KSD) uses three bottom-mounted ridges and an additional deflector mounted at the top to deflect water splashing forward from under the hull. Whether turning or straight-line riding at any speed the Quattro KSD minimizes spray, allowing greater rider concentration.
A groove running from the centre to the rear of the ride plate makes it easier to hold a straight course when running straight ahead.
TWIN VORTICES SUPERCHARGER
Four-lobe, constant-displacement design offers significant performance increase over standard roots-type unit. The system force-feeds the engine two liters of air with every revolution, providing a constant supply of high-pressure intake air at all rpm. The compressed air is delivered continuously, not in waves, for smoother power delivery.
STRONG, LIGHT HULL DESIGN – SUPERB IN CALM AND ROUGH WATER
Designed to emulate the performance of Kawasaki’s IJSBA championship-winning race machines the reinforced inner bow is extremely light with ample strength to handle the engine’s power output.
Exemplary straight-line tracking and responsive handling in both calm and rough-water conditions set performance benchmarks for the class. The lower hull is specially designed to distribute the engine and power delivery loads over a wide area.
Deep-V hull design enables a steep bank angle for motorcycle-like turning performance. This reduces the lateral G-loads imposed on riders during turns, allowing them to better concentrate on riding. The 22.5° V-angle at the bottom of the hull helps reduce unwanted spinouts during sharp turns. This all assist in delivering the neutral handling and turning characteristics for which Kawasaki JET SKI watercraft are famous
The bottom of the hull slants upward steeply from the center section to the bow, so the 310R can penetrate swells and waves with less shock, pushing through waves rather than bouncing over them at high speeds. Integrated sponsons extend from the hull, providing wallow-free straight-line performance and contributing significantly to the 310’s excellent maneuverability while helping to retain the narrow hull design.
To effectively convert the 310 PS output into thrust, the Ultra 310X utilises a large 160mm jet pump, designed using eight guide vanes. The pump delivers superior “traction” in rough water conditions and significantly contributes to the Ultra 310X’s mind-boggling acceleration.
The Ultra 300X features a 4-into-2-into-1 powerboat-style exhaust system, which routes the exhaust pipe upwards. This allows the smoothest flow for exhaust gases, maximising exhaust efficiency.
ELECTRONIC TRIM CONTROL SYSTEM
Electronic Trim Control System allows the rider to control the angle of the jet pump nozzle to suit water surface conditions and riding style.
Adjustment range is plus or minus 8 degrees from standard.
ELECTRONIC CRUISE CONTROL
IMPROVED Fuel Economy Assistance mode revised for significant fuel savings and increased range. Convenient electronic cruise control smoothly holds a set speed from 8 kph up to top speed.
One-touch, push-button 8 kph mode allows hassle-free no-wake zone riding and the economical Riding Indicator mode can be viewed on a graph on the LCD info screen.
LARGE CAPACITY STORAGE
The huge front storage compartment comes with removable tray combined with a centre console storage area.
- Large-capacity, fully sealed storage area with detachable storage tray offers ample room for recreational equipment
- Compact integrated underseat storage area is ideal for small items like a ski rope
MULTIPLE RIDING MODES
The ECU controlled ETV allows multiple riding mode options to be activated with the touch of a button. 8 kph mode conveniently regulates rpm to maintain constant speed in no-wake zones and cruise control fixes speed at a specified level for convenient long distance touring.
COMFORT AND CONVENIENCE
Roomy three-passenger seat offers ample support plus all-day comfort whether riding stand-up solo, seated or with passengers. The passenger handrail on the Ultra 310X is located to a more ergo-friendly location to help reduce passenger fatigue and features a redesigned handle for better grip. The optimally curved mirrors have been designed for a wider rear view and are mounted to the upper deck via new brackets
An ergonomic deck design gives plenty of legroom and the left-side reverse lever is ergonomically designed for easy operation. At the end of the day on the water a quick and easy hose connection allows a simple method to flush sea water out of the engine.
LCD screen features a face design that’s easy to read. The instrumentation includes a fuel consumption function, a boost meter scale, riding modes, external water and air temperature, clock, time, trip and hour meters, tachometer (in digital or graph displays), speedometer and max speed functions.
Eco Indicator shows the rider when the speed and throttle opening is in the 310LX’s most efficient range. The Kawasaki Eco Mode reduces and smoothes engine performance while conserving fuel.
The Ultra 310LX features Kawasaki’s innovative electronic Smart Learning Operation (SLO) system which can be programmed to speed-limit the engine to assist novice riders in mastering their riding technique without worrying about excessive speeds.
Smart Learning Operation (SLO) allows newer riders to become familiar with the handling and response of this JET SKI watercraft at a more relaxed pace.
Two separate keys, one for SLO mode and one for full-power operation, help prevent confusion over which setting is in use.
Kawasaki Smart Steering® (KSS®) monitors steering input and engine speed and, when certain conditions are met, intelligently raises rpm to help initiate a turn.