Unprecedented Riding Experience
As the pioneer of personal watercraft and the creator of the original mass-produced stand-up model, Kawasaki is pleased to present the JET SKI SX-R, a long-awaited model sure to redefine the standard for stand-up power and handling. Powered by a 1,498 cm³ 4-stroke In-Line Four, the SX-R has twice as much power as its 2-stroke predecessor, the JET SKI 800 SX-R, and a broad spread of power that delivers strong acceleration from any rpm. This massive power is harnessed in a newly designed hull that allows riders to use their whole body as they skilfully control this exciting new model. The 4-stroke JET SKI SX-R breathes new life into the standup category. Its combination of big, yet manageable power and agile, rider-active handling offers a wide range of riders an unprecedented riding experience.
- The marine 1,498 cm³ DOHC inline four-cylinder engine produces 160 horsepower. It’s the most powerful production Stand-Up PWC in history.
- Superb cornering performance. Development of the new hull incorporated racing feedback.
- Agile handling complemented by great stability and increased power, allows higher cornering speed.
- Exceptional stability from a longer and wider hull contibutes to excellent stability in both straight line and in turns.
- Wide deck with a larger, wider floor provides more room to move around.
- Sleek and sharp styling, reflecting its high race potential.
- Injection mould sponsons contribute to overall stability as well as sharp, clean turning performance and a very solid feel when banking.
- Kawasaki Splash Deflector (KSD): a lateral strip on the forward section of the hull reduces water splash, especially at speed and in rough water.
- MX-style handlebar features a sporty pad that contributes to the racy looks.
Handy Hull Features
Bilge drain plugs in the hull facilitate after-use draining. Integrated flotation cells make the SX-R resistant to sinking.