The Premium model
The ULTRA 310LX is without question the head of the Kawasaki’s JetSki fleet. Metallic paint, chrome highlights and a unique deck mat pattern make it a stand out visually even more than it’s series brothers. But what truly sets it apart are its unique features: the new Jetsound audio system (a PWC world first) and its new LXuryseat covered with a new heat-resistant material making its debut in the PWC/motorcycle industry.
- The JETSOUND™ audio system, a first in personal watercraft, allows riders to listen to music while riding
- Contoured and scalloped LXury three-passenger seat offers the ultimate in comfort for long-distance touring or casual riding, whether riding stand-up solo, seated or with passengers
- The industry’s first heat-resistant seat cover helps keep the rider and passengers cooler on hot days
- Hydroturf striped pattern deck matting provides classy looks and superior grip
- The supercharged DOHC inline four-cylinder engine produces a staggering 310 horsepower; It’s the most powerful production PWC in history
- The pump impeller features a super-efficient 3-blade design that gives the 310LX great initial acceleration
- Strong and light, the 310LX’s deep-V hull offers superb straight-line tracking and precise cornering performance
- Industry-leading, 212L storage capacity lets you bring all your gear with you
- 78L fuel tank is the largest in its class, providing tremendous range for long rides
- Left-side reverse lever is ergonomically designed for easy operation
- Separate keys for full power operation and Smart Learning Operation
Kawasaki Jetsound Audio System
The JETSOUND audio system, a first in personal watercraft, allows riders to listen to music while riding. For those who feel life is better with a soundtrack when blasting across the water on a supercharged Jet Ski, the new Jetsound audio system is for you! The audio system was jointly developed with ASA Electronics (makers of Jensen). Standard equipment on the Ultra 310LX, the system includes an amp and audio controller (built into the handle), and two speakers (positioned below the mirrors). The amp is rated at 20W (x 2 channels); max 40W x 2 channels. The speakers are rated at 30W each; max 60W x 2 The system is compatible with iPod and iPhone, other smartphones, and other audio players that have a stereo pin jack output and provide files in MP3 format. The system can also play music files from a USB memory stick. The waterproof aluminium case in the glove box is provided for playback from a USB memory stick. The system can handle USB memory sticks up to 4GB. For iphone / iPod use, connect with the equipped stereo pin jack (3.5mm). A water resistant storage case is provided standard and is compatible with models / sizes up to iPhone 4S.
310 Horsepower Supercharged Engine
The 1,498cc, liquid-cooled inline four-cylinder engine makes 310 horsepower via a low mechanical loss design and improved efficiency. The Eaton TVS constant-displacement supercharger and liquid-cooled intercooler provide instant and consistent boost for outstanding performance throughout the rev range.
- Heat-resistant plastic intake manifold is shaped to improved low-mid range power
- Cast pistons feature additional ring land V-grooves for better oil retention
- Hardened nickel 33.4mm intake and 28.3mm exhaust valves offer superior reliability
- Two-layer oil cooler offers efficient cooling
- Large cam chain increases reliability in a supercharged engine application
- The reinforced crankcase adds to engine’s durability and reliability
- Fuel pump provides a high pressure, high flow fuel for increased power and better fuel efficiency.
- Thick water jackets improve cooling performance
- Check valve system between the cylinder jacket and water muffler that shuts water flow off above 2,000 rpm, to keep the cooling water inside the cylinder jacket for optimum cooling performance
- Piston cooling oil jets increased from one jet per piston to two jets per piston for increased piston cooling
- Oil pan features additional baffle plates to prevent oil slosh during tight turns or extreme acceleration/deceleration
- Crankcase oil return holes are designed for quicker oil return to the oil pan
Strong, Light Hull Design – Superb in Calm and Rough Water
Designed to emulate the performance of Kawasaki’s IJSBA championship-winning race machines, the reinforced inner bow is extremely light with ample strength to handle the engine’s power output. Exemplary straight-line tracking and responsive handling in both calm and rough-water conditions set performance benchmarks for the class. The lower hull is specially designed to distribute the engine and power delivery loads over a wide area. Deep-V hull design enables a steep bank angle for motorcycle-like turning performance. This reduces the lateral G-loads imposed on riders during turns, allowing them to better concentrate on riding. The 22.5° V-angle at the bottom of the hull helps reduce unwanted spinouts during sharp turns. This all assists in delivering the neutral handling and turning characteristics for which Kawasaki JET SKI watercraft are famous. The bottom of the hull slants upward steeply from the center section to the bow, so the 310LX can penetrate swells and waves with less shock, pushing through waves rather than bouncing over them at high speeds. Integrated sponsons extend from the hull, providing wallow-free straight-line performance and contributing significantly to the 310LX’s excellent manoeuvrability while helping to retain the narrow hull design.
To effectively convert the 310 PS output into thrust, the Ultra 310LX utilises a, large 160mm jet pump, designed using eight guide vanes. The pump delivers superior “traction” in rough water conditions and significantly contributes to the Ultra 310LX’s mind-boggling acceleration.
The Ultra 300LX features a 4-into-2-into-1 powerboat-style exhaust system, which routes the exhaust pipe upwards. This allows the smoothest flow for exhaust gases, maximising exhaust efficiency.
The Cool Seat and all the Comforts
The ULTRA 310LX is equipped with a comfort seat designed for enhancing cruising. Shaped for a good ergonomic fit, the comfort seat offers ultra-comfortable accommodation for three. Enhancing comfort on a hot day, the seat’s new cover is made from revolutionary new material that resists heat gain, so the seat does not get as hot after sitting in the sun between rides. The stitching and the Jet Ski logo are some high quality touches that add to the ULTRA 310LX’s premium image. Handle grips are positioned at a fairly wide stance, contributing to rider-friendly control. The redesigned handrail is slimmer at the front (between the rider’s legs when standing), making it easier for rider’s to grip with their legs. Handrail also features a more ergonomic shape at the rear, positioning the handrail higher, and offering a more concave grip. An ergonomic deck design gives plenty of legroom and the left-side reverse lever is ergonomically designed for easy operation. At the end of the day on the water, a quick and easy hose connection allows a simple method to flush sea water out of the engine.